MANY MACHINES TO MAINTAIN
There are many types of machine within the plastic industry that need to be checked and aligned. On extrusion machines, straightness of pipes, shaft alignment and pointing direction of gearboxes towards pipes all need to be checked. On film blowing machines, centring and parallelism of rolls must be checked. Shaft alignment on pumps and engines must be performed. Fans and other sheave/pulleys aligned. Even the bases of all the machines must be checked regarding straightness/twist.
ADVANTAGES OF CORRECT ALIGNMENT
- Extends the life of screws
- Extends the time between planned services
- Reduces the amount of incorrectly produced products, i.e. total amount of granules used
- Increases available machine time
- Can increase the production speed for certain processes
ADAPTING TO THE JOB
If you regularly work with machine alignment, where the task at hand is always different, then you are used to not knowing the circumstances until you are onsite. Surprises are an everyday occurrence, an adaptable measuring system is a saving grace!